It might look normal from the outside, but the engineering inside this incredible new chain design that makes possible a gear range previously found only in 2-chainring drivetrains. And it’s also the biggest contributor to the Eagle™ drivetrain’s ultra-smooth, precise, durable and quiet performance. The Eagle™ chain’s links have a smooth radius, with no sharp edges or chamfers, which yield a significant reduction in noise, friction and wear on chainrings and cassette cogs. This design also allows for a flatter plate, which means more consistent chain riveting and greater overall strength. HARD CHROME™ technology extends the chain’s optimal performance life, and a Titanium Nitride coating on the Gold and Black models decreases corrosion and further reduces friction.
- Groundbreaking new chain design and technology
- The Eagle™ chain has been completely re-engineered, and is produced with new manufacturing technology
- All-new Eagle™ PowerLock® chain connector with FLOWLINK™ technology provides better chain-guiding and increased longevity
- The XX1 Eagle™ chain is the quietest, strongest and most wear-resistant chain in the world
- Unique features and design also provide significantly improved wear resistance on Eagle™ cassettes and rings
Specifications for XX1 Eagle™ Chain
TECHNOLOGY HIGHLIGHT(S) FLOWLINK™, HARD CHROME™, POWERLOCK®, X-SYNC™
COMPATIBLE GEARS Eagle™ 10-50t cassette only
CLOSING LINK Eagle™ PowerLock® PVD
OUTER PLATE Nickel + PVD Gold or Black
INNER PLATE Chrome Plated + PVD Gold or Black
PIN TREATMENT Chrome hardened, Hollow Pin™
RECOMMENDED GROUP XX1 Eagle™, X01 Eagle™
COLORS Silver, Black, Gold
We ship nationwide throughout New Zealand.