The Taipan is unlike any other tire Hutchinson has ever developed. Starting completely from scratch, the idea was to create a uniquely knobbed all-around performing XC tire that would excel in a variety of conditions. Traditionally MTB tire design is terrain or condition limited, it's either dry or muddy, rocky or wet specific. The Taipan uniquely spans all those conditions through its unique tread and knob design. Widely spaced knobs help shed mud when the going gets wet. Raised geometric ridges between the knob grab onto roots and smaller rocks when you need traction between knob contact. The rolling contact patch is also knobbed with 3mm high knobs that deliver the perfect mix of tread with low rolling resistance. But traction is only half the story. What moves must stop as well, the Taipan has specifically angled ramps on its geometrically profiled knobs that guarantee that when you grab a handful of brake lever, something predictable happens
- 27.5 x 2.25
- Tubeless ready
- Hardskin two-ply reinforcement of the sidewalls
- Progressive tread pattern & knob shape
- Delivers excellent lightweight performance and grip.
- Sheds mud from the sides thanks to blocks of V-shaped knobs.
- The size of the lateral knobs varies to improve grip at varying lean angles.
- Profile adapted to mixed and muddy conditions; large adhesion and evacuation capacity.
- Provides top performance in all 5 tyre categories - Fast rolling, Lateral grip, Mud shedding, Puncture resistance & lightness
- Ideal for use in mixed, rocky, wet or muddy terrain
- Made in France
We ship nationwide throughout New Zealand.